UN Women on line discussion - CSW57
On line forum discussion
UN Women are hosting an online discussion on ending violence against women and girls from 23 July – 3 August which will inform preparations for the 57th session of the Commission for the Status of Women (CSW57) in March 2013.
This is a great opportunity for you to give your views and contribute your expertise on addressing violence against women, respond to questions and share thoughts on best practice, gaps and challenges. The key themes of the discussions will feed into two reports by UN Women to inform the UN Secretary-General’s reports for CSW57 and to guide discussions between CSW members and will feed into an Expert Group Meeting on prevention (Bangkok, 17-20 September 2012) which will also present its outcomes to CSW. The reports will be published online.
- 23-27 July: Primary prevention
- 30 July-3 August: Support services and responses, across sectors
You need to register to see and participate in discussions. To register: email email@example.com with your name, position, the name of your organization, and the country. As the message subject, write: Registering for online discussion.
For more information please access the link here: http://www.unwomen.org/2012/07/an-invitation-join-the-discussion-at-csw-57/
Examples of the questions to be discussed:
- In your area/region, what measures have been introduced to prevent violence against women and girls?
- How have you promoted the safety of women and girls in public places, and what results have you seen?
- In your area/region, what services can survivors of gender-based violence access? How much access to women have, who are subjected to multiple forms of discrimination (for example, women with disabilities, indigenous women, migrant workers, women living with HIV/AIDS?)
- What protocols, systems or networks ensure that these services are delivered in a coordinated way?